Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Barbie Turns 50!

So, Barbie turns 50 this year!








I still have my childhood Barbie wearing a very glamourous hot pink lamé dress. I used to love making clothes for her on my toy sewing machine (straight stich only) as I couldn't afford to buy them. Or I'd swap with my friends. Honestly, the hours we wiled away as youngsters with those dolls. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a gal who didn't have a Barbie Doll when she was young.

Well, in the fashion vein, I found some couture Barbie wear to share with you...





I also entered them in the "Which Barbie is Best?" contest so you all you fashionista's can vote for my entries below:




While you're there, check out the other entries. I think you will have a chuckle.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I found your blog very interesting, original and well done. This is the reason why I give you an invitation on www.vogueicon.com. Vogueicon is a social networking website for Bloggers, enabling you to promote your blog. After registration, you manage your own area, post articles, give marks or comments... and you have the possibility to create groups. An easy way to meet people and find a community of interest !
    Find out more things on www.vogueicon.com and discover a new way of Blogging !

    Best regards, and congratulation for your blog.

    xoxo,
    Gia!

    ReplyDelete